- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 1: A Day In The Life Of Có Đáp Án- Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 2: School Talks Có Đáp Án- Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 3: People’s Background Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 4: Special Education Có Đáp Án- Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 5: Technology And You Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 6: An Excursion Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 7: The Mass Media Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 8: The Story Of My Village Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 9: Undersea World Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 10: Conservation Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 11: National Parks Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 12: Music Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 13: Film and Cinema Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 14 The World Cup Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 15 Cities Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 16 Historical Place Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 6: An Excursion Có Đáp Án-Mai Lan Hương. Các bạn xem bài tập có key ở dưới để luyện tập và cũng cố thêm kiến thức.
UNIT 6 AN EXCURSION
I. Circle the words that has the italized part pronounced / /, and underline those with /3:/.
1. Students will take a terminal exam at the end of the autumn
2. A lot of pictures and furniture in the church have been destroyed.
3. Have you heard about the woman making an excursion across the US?
4. The police haven't found the pearls that were stolen by the burglars last year.
5. My sister is a nurse. She works in a local hospital.
6. Let's go together. We are visiting Huong Pagoda first.
7. The girl walked out and never returned.
8. The same problems are faced by children throughout the world.
9. The attack happened in the early hour today.
10. Just eight passengers survived the plane crash.
II. Complete the passage with appropriate words.
An's class is going to make a two-day (1) e.......... to visit some caves near Huong (2) P.......... They want to see with their own eyes what they have learned in their (3) g.......... lessons recently and (4) r.......... themselves after their hard work, as well. They have planned their (5) t .......... carefully. For An, the only problem is getting her parents' (6) p.......... . She will try to (7) p..........them so that she will be able to join her (8) .c......... for the excursion.
III. These sentences refer to the future. Complete them with either
going to or the present progressive, whichever is correct or more likely,
using the appropriate verb: increase, teach, sit, complain, start, meet,
stop, answer play. get.
1 can't go any further. I _____ on that bench for a while.
2. The game at two o'clock tomorrow. I hope you can be there.
3. The service here is very slow. I to the manager if we're not served soon.
4. I have a right to be heard, and no-one________ me from putting my side of the argument.
5. The two leaders______ for talks later this afternoon.
6. The bank has announced that it___________ its interest rates by one per cent from tomorrow.
7. Are you_________ my questions or not?
8. I have to get up early tomorrow. I__________ a physics class at 8.00 in the morning.
9. Before I apply for the job, I more information about it.
10. Brazil________ Colombia in today's final.
IV. These sentences refer to the future. Correct them where necessary (with either present progressive or going to) or put a tick if they are already correct.
1. Unless aid arrives within the next few days, thousands are starving.
are going to starve
2. There are going to be more of us at the picnic than we'd thought.
3. We're going to have a party on Sunday, 12th November. Can you come?
4. I can't get to the match after all.' `That's a pity. Dave's being very disappointed.'
5. Clear the area! The bomb is exploding.
6. In the future, the company is going to be known as 'Communications International'.
7. I've decorated the bedroom. Do you think Jane is liking it when she gets home?
8. Whether we like it or not, within a few years biotechnology is transforming every aspect of human life.
9. It's not a deep cut, but it's leaving a scar.
10 I'm still not feeling very well. so I think I'm going to see the doctor some time this week.
11. Nina is going to go to Switzerland next week on business;
12 Before I go to China next year, I'm learning some Cantonese.
13. They're leaving from Frankfurt airport at 6.30 pm.
14. Scientists say that the satellite is falling to Earth some time this afternoon.
15. The orchestra is going to perform Mahler's 5th Symphony at next week's concert.
V. Choose the correct answer.
1. 'Which project............... on next?' 'I haven't decided for sure. Probably
the Space mobile.'
a. will you work b. are you going to work c. do you work
2. 'Look at those dark clouds!' `Yes, It looks like ................. any minute.'
a. it's going to rain b. it's raining c. it will rain
3. I'd better get back to the hotel room before the storm.' 'OK...............you later.'
a. I'm seeing b. I'll see c. I see
4. Hi, honey. How's it going?' 'Great. ...................... fishing with Grandpa tomorrow'
a. I go b. I'm going to 20 C. I'm going
5. 'Have fun, but don't forget. You have to finish that paper.' 'I know. Mom............it tomorrow. I already have the envelope.'
a. I'm mailing b. I won't mail c. I mail
6. 'I'm going to miss a good film on TV because I'll be out tonight.'................ it for you, if you like.'
a. I video b. I'm going to video c. I'll video
7. 'Good luck. When will you be here?' `Tomorrow. My plane .............. at 7:00, so I............. you about 8:00.'
a. will land/ see b. lands/ will see c. is landing/ am going to see
8. 'I'm just going out to get a paper.' 'What newspaper.................. ?'
a. are you buying b. are you going to buy c. will you buy
9. 'We ............... a party on Sunday, 12th November. Can you come?' `Yes, I'd love to.'
a. are having b. are going to have c. will have
10. 'What's that man doing up there?' 'Oh no! He ..............
a. is jumping b. will jump c. is going to jump
11. 'Ann is in hospital.' 'Yes, I know. .......... her tomorrow.'
a. I visit b. I'm going to visit c. I'll visit
12. 'It's my birthday soon................twenty next Friday." Oh, really? .......... a party?'
a. I'm going to be; Are you having b. I am! Will you have
c. I'll be/ Are you going to have
13.' it's a public holiday next Monday.' 'Yes, I know.......... anything special?'
a. Are you doing b. Do you do c. Will you do
14. 'Would you like to join Linda and me tomorrow? We.......... the natural
history museum.' 'Sure. I've never been there.'
a. visit b. will visit c. are going to visit,
15.‘ I've decided to try and learn a foreign language ."Have you? Which language?'
a. will you learn b. are you going to learn c. are you learning
VI. Choose the correct alternative.
A: Look. (1) It's raining/ it's going to rain soon.
B: I'm not too sure about that. But the sun (2) will disappear/ has disappeared behind those black clouds.
A: And (3) it become/ it's becoming quite windy, too.
B: Yes, but I don't think the weather (4) is changing too much.
A: (5) Have you heard! Do you hear the weather forecast?
B: They say (6) It's' going, to be! it has been fine for the next few. days.
A: Oh, (7) there `are',! re usually wrong. (8)1 not think/ I don't think we can go sightseeing now.
B: Oh, let's go. It (9) isn't raining/ hasn't rained so far this week.
A: All right, but (10) I'm taking/ I'm going to take my raincoat and umbrella with me. .
B: I think (11) you're worrying/ you worried about nothing.
VII. Choose the correct option a, b, c or d to complete each space.
Dear Mum and Dad,
This is just a quick letter to let you know that I'm fine. We're all working quite hard because the exams are only a few weeks away, but 'our teacher (1)____________he thinks we'll do well.
Anyway, we had a wonderful time at half-term. I went off to Paris for (2)___________days with some of the others from the school, and we .went on a guided (3) ____________ of the city. We saw most of the famous (4)_________ like the Louver, where they have an amazing (5) ________of paintings, and the Eiffel Tower.
Then we went down to the south of France (6) _________train. It was so fast - the whole (7)________ was only about four hours. We spent (8) _______ time in Nice and in Cannes as well, and we all really enjoyed it. On our last day we went to a small island (9) ___________the Ile des- Pelerins, and we saw the castle (10)_________ used to keep the 'Man in the Iron Mask'. All in all, we had a great time and the weather was really good as well. The only thing 1 felt (11) __________about was that we didn't have enough time to spare to go swimming - maybe next time.
Anyway, I must go now as I've got to do a lot of homework for tomorrow. (12)________ you write soon?
1. a. says b. tells c. speaks d. talks
2. a. a little b. little c. a few d. few
3. a. trip b. visit. c. tour excursion
4. a. shows b. sights c. views d. looks
5. a. set b. group c. gallery d. collection
6. a. in b. by c. with d. on
7. a. voyage b. travel c. drive d. journey
8. a. a little b. little c. a few d. few
9. a. spoken b. said c. called d. told
10. a. that b. which c. where d. there
11. a. sorry b. apologetic c. displeased d. anxious
12. a. Must b. Should c. May d. Will
TEST FOR UNIT 6
A. Choose the word that has the underlined letter(s) pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. wood b. cook c. blood d. push
2. a. excursion b. sunburst c. nurse d. picture
3. a. weather b. ready c. early d. instead
4. a. caves b. marks c. exams d. days
5. a. site b. trip c. city d. invention
B. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1.a. excursion b. spacious c. resume d. pagoda
2. a. relax b. permit c. picnic d. visit
3. a. glorious b. possible c. p protective d. necessary
4. a. persuade b. believe c. instead d. anxious
5. a. picturesque b. campfire c. occupied d. photograph
II. VOCABULARY AND EXPRESSION
Choose the one word or phrase - h, c or d that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
1. I work from Tuesday to Saturday, and Sunday and Monday are my...............
a. working days b. days out c. breaks d. days off
2. The cottage is surrounded by the most glorious countryside.
a. ordinary b. honorable c. beautiful d. gloomy,
3. We've recently studied the....................of stones in the kidneys.
a. building b. formation c. structure d. block
4. Your tour includes a one-day.................to the Grand Canyon by air.
a. camping b. travel c. excursion d. visit
5. The cheese is soft and 'white and absolutely...................
a. tasteful b. glorious c. delicious d. interesting
6. You could use fluorescent lamps instead of ordinary light bulbs.
a. in replacement b. in order for c. on payment for d. in place of
7. He did finally come with us, although it took a long time to..........him.
a. believe b. permit c. persuade d. take
8. You are not allowed to camp here without ................
a. permission b. persuasion c. protection d. decision
9. File town is a popular........................for art lovers.
a. destination b. arrival c. department d. visitation
10. Don't throw away the ................ We can have them for supper.
a. sundeck b. photos c. food d. leftovers
III. GRAMMAR AND STRUCTURE
A. Choose the one word or phrase – a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
1. My parents .............. tomorrow to stay with me for a few days.
a. come b. will have come c. are commit d. came
2. I'll return Bob's pen to him the next time I.............him.
a. see b. will see c. I'm going to see d. have seen
3. The firework display, part of the city's centenary celebration,.......... place on the 21st August in Cannon Park.
a. will take b. is taking c. is going to take d. takes
4. This is the first time we..............to Scotland so it's all new to us.
a. are going b. Were c. have been d. will go
5. Look at those cars! They................!
a. will crash b. are crashing c. will be crashed d. are going to crash
6. We hope the excursion will help us a lot after working hard.
a. relax b. relaxing e. relaxed d. be relaxed
7. Goodnight. I................. you in the morning.
a. see b. am seeing, c. am going to see d. will see.
8. What's in the letter? Why...................
a. don't you let me to read it b. don't you let me reading it
c. won't you let rue read it d. won't you let me to read it
9. Only in this house ................safe and secure.
a. I feel b. do I feel c. I do feel d. feel 1
10. Hurry. The next bus.....................at 7:15.
a. leave b. leaves c. is leaving d. will leave
11. Nobody can persuade her.....................her mind.
a. change b. to change c. changing d. changed
12. 'We're having a party at the weekend' 'Great! Who........................
a. will being invited b. is going to invite
c. is going to be .invited d. will invite
13. I'll give you a map.................
a. in order for you find the way all right.
b. so that you will find the way all right.
c. in order that you can find the way all right.
d. b and c are all correct.
14. He was busy ................. his homework.
a. doing b. to do c. that he was doing d. he was doing
15. 'Are Alice and Tom still living in New York? "No, they....................to Dallas,'
a. are moving. b. had already moved
c. have just moved d. will moved
B. Identify the One underlined word or phrase - A, B, C or D - that must be changed for the sentence to be correct.
1. We are going to study tonight until we will finish this chapter
A B C D
2. Only in the last few years people have begun to use home computers.
A B C D
3. Have you heard the news? The President has been shooting!
A B C D
4. The girl whom you met last night was used to be a singer.
A B C D
5. They are going to have to leave soon, and so do we.
A B C D
6. Not until the early 1960s did the birthrate in the United States began to decline.
A B C D
7. I'll fly to Mars next week. I've already gotten a ticket.
A B C D
8. Look! That plane is flying towards the airport. It's landing
A B C D
9. Many insects make sound because they have no vocal apparatus in their throats.
A B C D
10. The rock formations in the Valley of Fire in Nevada has been worn into
many strange shapes by the action of wind and water.
Choose the appropriate sentence to fill in each gap to complete the following conversation.
A: Goodbye everyone! (1) ________________________________________
B:. Where are you going? _________________________________________
A: To Australia. (2) ______________________________________________
C: When are you coming back?
A: Well. (3) ____________________________________________________
B: It sounds great! (4) ____________________________________________
A: Thanks. (5) __________________________________________________
a. I'll send you postcards.
b. we're going on a two-week tour of Australia.
c. I'm taking my family to visit the Great Barrier Reef.
d. I'm going on holiday.
e. Have a good time!
V. READING COMPREHENSION
A. Choose the correct option a, b, c or d to complete this postcard.
I've been in Paris for over a week now and I'm having a great (1) ........... In the first few days I did quite a lot of (2) the Eiffel Tower. Notre Dame. and all the usual tourist attractions. Most places are absolutely (3) .......... with tourists, so yesterday I decided to have a (4) ..........round the shops.
Today I've been to a couple of interesting art (5) ........... I got (6)..............on my way back to the hotel, but it didn't matter because I discovered a really fascinating (7) ..........with lots of little stalls, selling just about everything from apples to antiques.
I ate in the hotel the first night but usually I (8) ................for dinner - the restaurants are great and I can get a set meal for less than 25 euros. afraid I've (9) .......... a lot of money, but it's a great place. You'll be able to see for yourself (10) .......... I get back - I've taken lots of photos. .
I hope you're all well. I'll write again next week.
1. a. visit b. holiday c. trip d. excursion
2. a. viewing b. sightseeing c. looking d. landscape
3. a. took h. stayed c. packed d. full
4. a. look b. visit c. day-off d. walking
5. a. exhibits b. castles c. concerts d. galleries
6. a. left b. loss c. lost d. disappeared
7. a. temple b. palace c. cathedral d. market
8. a. go out b. leave c. call d. stay in
9. a. paid b. spent c. lost d. gotten
10. a. until b. while c. after d. when
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the one best answer, a, b, cord.
For the last few months I have spent every Saturday in my flat and have done nothing more exciting than work at home, read the newspapers and watch television. I had begun feeling, bored with this and so, last weekend I though I would do something different. I rang up several of my friends and we decided to go to London for the day. I was really excited as I hadn't been to London since I was ten. We decided to go by coach as this was by far the cheapest means of transport that was available even though it meant that we needed to get up very early. Once in London we decided to take a sightseeing tour as we wanted to see some of the famous buildings. After the tour we bought some sandwiches and ate them in a small park. In the afternoon two of us went shopping and the others went to the theater. We met up again at 6:30 p.m. and went to a small restaurant in Soho. The meal was really good but, unfortunately, it took much longer than we had expected. We had to get a taxi back to the coach station. Luckily, we got there just two minutes before our coach left.
1. According to the passage the writer
a. usually spends his weekend at home.
b. went to London with some of his friends.
c. has lived in London for ten years.
d. feels bored with his life.
2. He felt so excited about going to London because
a. he hadn't been there before. b. he hadn't been there for ten years.
c. he went there ten years ago. d. he hadn't been there for a long time.
3. Why did they decide to go by coach?
a. Because it was available.
b. Because they wanted to start early.
c. Because other means of transport were more expensive.
d. Because it was one of the most efficient means of transport.
4. Which of the following is true?
a. They all went shopping before going to theater.
b. They made a sightseeing tour of London and then had lunch.
c. They had lunch in a small restaurant.
d. They left the city at 6:30 p.m.
5. It can be inferred from the text that
a. they nearly missed the coach because of the meal.
b. they didn't enjoy the meal in the restaurant very much.
c. the coach had already left when they got to the station.
d. they missed the coach and had to take a taxi back.
Choose the best second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one
1. It was breakfast-time when Susan rang.
a. When Susan rang I have just finished my breakfast.
b. Susan rang after 1 had had my breakfast.
c. I was having my breakfast when Susan rang.
d. I was going to have my breakfast as soon as Susan rang.
2. Adrian's job interview is on 17 October.
a. Adrian will be called for a job interview on 17 October.
b. Adrian is giving a job interview on 17 October.
c. Adrian had an interview for a job on 17 October.
d Adrian is having a job interview on 17 October.
3. You can get off this train at Bath.
a. This train stops at Bath. b. This train is going to stop at Bath.
c. You can stop this train at Bath. d. This train will be stopped at Bath.
4. We have decided to help with the project.
a. We helped with the project.
b. We must help with the project.
c. We will help with the project.
d. We are going to help with the project.
5. The last time 1 went swimming was when we were in Spain.
a. I swam a lot when we were in Spain.
b. I hadn't been swimming before we moved to Spain.
c. I haven't been swimming since we were in Spain.
d. I went swimming while we lived in Spain.
6. They spoke too quickly for us to understand.
a. They spoke so quickly that we couldn't understand it.
b. They spoke so quickly that we couldn't understand.
c. They spoke so quickly that we couldn't understand them.
d.. They spoke quickly enough so that we couldn't understand them.
Test your self
I. Choose the words that best answer the following questions.
1. Which of the following words has the underlined part pronounced differently?
a. laugh b. taught c. fault c. August
2. Which of the following words is stressed differently from the rest?
a. entertain b. magazine c. industry d. volunteer
3. Which of the following words contains a different vowel sound?
a. team b. week c. health d. cheap
4. Which of the following words has a different consonant sound?
a. school h. champagne c. machine d. washing
5. Which of the following words is stressed on the first syllable?
a. electricity b. activities c. scientific d. accuracy
II. Choose the one word or phrase - a, b, c or d that best completes the sentence.
6. You'll probably see Dave on the 4.30 bus. he ................ catches it to school.
a. sometimes h. traditionally c. routinely d. usually
7. We're so proud.................. her for telling the truth.
a. on b. with c. of d, for
8. You can ................. a lot of information from the Internet onto your own computer, but it t can take a lot of time.
a. take b. print c. save d. download
9. When they were in Cairo they took a............to see the Pyramids.
a. voyage b. travel c. trip d. journey
10. Martha Thomas was an American educator who stood for equal..............rights for women.
a. educated b. educational c. educating d. educationally
11. There is a fault at our television station. Please do not.............your set...
a. change b. adjust c. repair d. switch
12. He is very stubborn, so it will be difficult to..................him to go.
a. persuade b. suggest c. make d. encourage
13................. is a camera which records moving pictures and sound.
a. Cell phone b. CD-ROM c. Camcorder d. Modem
14. The Super Bowl was.................. via satellite to over 100 countries.
a. transmitted b. received c. spread d. showed
15. Will you............... after the party?
a. call me off b. get me on c. take me up d. pick me up
III. Choose the one word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
16. He came in and didn't say anything,................ worried all of us.
a. that b. who c. whom d. which
17. Nobody ventured outdoors.............. the hurricane warnings.
a. despite b. although c. because of d. because
18. I'm looking forward ................you in the trip.
a. join b. to join c. to joining d. in joining
19. Who ................was coining to see me this morning?
a. you said b. did you say . c. did you say that d. you did say
20. 'I took the TOEFL. It was really hard.' ............... a lot before you took it??
a. Have you studied b. Did you study
c. Had you studied d. Do you study
21. Michael Caine ................to London two times this year.
a. is b. was c. has been d. had been
22. 'We're still looking for Mark.' 'Hasn't he ................. vet?'
a. been found b. been finding c. being found d. found
23. We............... Switzerland four times during the 1970s.
a. will visit b. visited c. would visit d. used to visit
24. Nowhere in the world ................. such fine emeralds as in Colombia.
a. tourists can purchase b. can tourists purchase
c. where tourists can purchase d. that tourist can purchase
25. The assembly line,..................by Henry Ford, has brought about many significant changes in automobile production.
a. that was invented b. what was invented
c. was invented d. which was invented
IV. Identify the one underlined word or phrase - A, B, C or D - that must be changed for the sentence to be correct.
26. Not only botanical gardens are places of beauty, they serve scientific and educational
A B C
purposes as well.
27. There are not many people whose adapt to a new culture without feeling some disorientation at
A B C D
28. Physical therapists help patients relearn how to use their bodies after disease or injure.
A B C D
29. San Francisco, that is a beautiful city, has a population of six Million
A B C D
30. Sheep have been domesticating for over 5,000 years.
A B C D
31. The electric toaster was one of the earliest appliance to be developed for the kitchen.
A B C D
32. Venus, the second planet from the sun, is exactly almost the same size as the Earth.
A B C D
33. In that age of computer, it is difficult to imagine how tedious the work of accountants and
A B C
clerks must have been in the past.
34. After Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin in 1793, the cotton market had boomed
A B C D
35. My brother stopped to smoke because it's harmful for his health.
A B C D
IV. Choose the correct option a, b, c or d to complete this passage.
Children (36)............ appear intelligent and have normal sight and hearing may (37) ............ have learning disabilities such as dyslexia, difficulty in reading: dysgraphia, difficulty in writing: dyscalculia. difficulty with numbers; and auditory-memory problem that (38) the child from remembering what has just (39) ............. Considered an "invisible" (40) ............. such learning disabilities can be detected by alert parents before the children go to school.(41) ............ the child at about thirty months is not developing normal language skills, something is amiss. (42) ............ cannot do puzzles or put pegs in holes lacks perceptual-motor skills. Kindergarteners should (43)............. the ABC. First-graders may commonly reverse their letters. writing a d or a h. but if they are still doing this at the start of second grade, they (44.) ............ for learning disabilities. Proper and early (45) ............ is essential.
36. a. whom b. who c. whose d. they
37. a. nevertheless b. sometimes c. anyway d. also
38. a. avoid b. help c. encourage d. prevent
39. a. been saying b. been said c. said d. to be said
40. a. barrier b. retard c. disabled d. handicap
41. a. If b. When c. Although d. Because
42. a. A child who b. Child who c. The child that d. A child
43. a. read b. remember c. recognize c. pronounce
44. a. should test b. may be tested c. should be tested d. may have tested
45. a. detection b. treatment c. operation d. curing
V. Choose the correct answer - a, b, c, or d.
Convinced that computers al-e the key to success, parents are insisting that children. should be taught to use them in school as early as possible. They tend to tear that their children will be unemployable if they haven't mastered computer technology. The use of computers in school is becoming more and more widespread. However, many teachers welcome computers. while others remain reluctant. They argue that using computers in studies is a waste that "too much money is going for computerized educational materials". However There was a time when parents who wanted an educational present for their children used to buy a typewriter, a book or a dictionary, it is widely agreed that children should be taught computer Programming: which does more develop their problem-solving skills and ability to think systematically.
46. The purpose of the author when he writes the above passage is
a. to explain the important of the early introduction of computers to school.
b. to present the different ideas of parents about spending money on computers.
c. to complain about the over-use of computers in school.
d. to prove that using computers in studies is a waste.
47. Which of the following, statements is true according, to the passage?
a. Parents fear that their children will waste much money on studying computers.
b. Parents suggest that their children should study how to use computers early in school.
c. Teachers are not interested in the educational value of computers.
d. Teachers should learn how to use computers early.
48. Why do parents want their children to master the computer technology?
a. Because they want their children to be computer experts.
b. Because they are convinced that computers are best tools.
c. Because they fear that their children will be unable to obtain a job.
d. Because they don't want to be unemployable.
49. According to the passage, the students' skills of solving problems and their ability to think systematically can be developed by
a. studying how to use computers.
b. using computers in studies.
c. computerizing educational materials.
d. studying computer programming, in school.
50. The best title for the passage is ..................
a. An Education Present b. Computers, a waste of money
c. Educational Values of Computers d. Computers and Parents
ĐÁP ÁN UNIT 6
I. 1. Students will take a terminal exam at the end of the (autumn.)
2. A lot off (pictures) and furniture in the church have been destroyed.
3. Have you heard about the (woman) making an excursion (across) the US?
4. The (police) haven't found the pearls that were (stolen) by the burglars last year.
5. My sister is a nurse. She works in. appeal (hospital).
6. Let's go (together). We are visiting Huong (Pagoda) first.
7. The girl walked out and (never) returned.
8. The same (problems) are faced by (children) throughout the world.
9. The (attack) happened in the early hour (today.)
10.Just eight (passengers) (survived) the plane crash.
II. 1. excursion 3. geography 5. trip 7. persuade
2. Pagoda 4. Relax 6. permission 8. Classmates
III. 1. am going to sit . 4. is going to stop 7. going to answer 10. are playing.
2. is starting 5. are meeting . 8. am teaching
3. am going to complain 6. is increasing 9. am going to get.
IV. 1. are going to starve (an event over which we have no control)
3 .'re having (a definite arrangement)
4. ’s going to be (verb: be)
5. is going to explode (an event over which: we have no control)
7. is going to like (permanent future situation)
8. is going to transform (an event over which we have nó control)
9. s going to leave (permanent future situation)
11. is going to Switzerland (‘going to go’ is less likely)
12.’m going to learn (an intention)
14. is going/to fall (an event over which we have no control).
15. is performing (a definite arrangement)
V. 1. b 2. a 3. b 4. c 5. a 6. c 7. b 8. b 9. a 10. c 11 .b
12. c 13. a 14. c 15. b
VI. 1 It’s going to rain 5. Have you heard 9. hasn’t rained
2. has disappeared 6. it's going to be 10. Im going to take
3. it’s becoming 7. They’re 11. You’re worrying
4. is going to change 8 .I don’t think
VII. 1. a 2. c 3. c 4. b 5. d 6. b 7. d 8.a 9 c 10. c 11. a 12. d
VIII. Dear Carol,
1. Thank you very much for your/ the invitation to spend three weeks next/
during August with you and your family in Scotland.
2 .I would love to come, but unfortunately I am/ will be unable to accept (it).
3. My cousins, who live/ are living in Canada, are/ will be staying with us. from August 3rd to August 18th.
4. As it is/ will be their first visit to this country, I plan/ am planning to show
5. Is it possible to visit you in September instead?
6 .I will certaiifly need a rest after my cousins go/ have gone back to.Canada!
7. Please tell me if September is/ will be convenient for you.
8. I look/ am looking forward to seeing you all again. Love
TEST FOR UNIT 6
I. A. 1. c 2. d 3. c 4. b 5. a
B. 1. b 2 .a 3 .c 4. d 5. a
II. 1. c 2. d 3. a 4. b 5. b 6. d 7. c 8. b 9. c 10. c
11. d 12. c 13. a 14. a 15. d
III. 1. c 2. a 3. b 4. c 5. d 6. a 7. d 8. c 9. b 10. b
11. b 12. c 13. d 14. a 15. c
B. 1.d (finish) 4. c (used) 7. a (am flying) . 10. a (have)
2. c (have people begun) 5. d (so are) 8. d (‘s going to land)
3. d (shot) 6. c (begin) 9. b (although)
IV. 1. d 2. c 3. b 4. e 5. a
V. A.1. b 2. b 3. c 4. a 5. d 6. c 7. d 8. a 9. b 10. d
B. 1. b 2. d 3. c 4. b 5. a
VI. 1. c 2. d 3. a 4. d 5. c 6. c
I. 1. a 2. c 3. c 4. a 5. d
II. 6. d 7. c 8. d 9. c 10. b 11. b 12. a 13. c 14. a 15. d
III.16. d 17. c 18. c 19. b 20. c 21. c 22. a 23. b 24. b 25. d
IV. 26 b (are botanical gardens) 30. b (domesticated) 34. d (boomed)
27. b (who) 31. c (appliances) 35. a (smoking)
28. d (injury) 32. c (almost exactly)
29 b (which) 33. a (the)
V. 36. b 37. a 38. d 39. b 40. d 41. a 42. a 43. c 44. c 45. b
VI. 46. a 47. b 48. c 49. d 50. c