Đề Thi HK 2 Có Đáp Án Anh Văn 10 -Đề 9
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently.
A. cow B. know C. town D. now
A. geography B. glad C. go D. give
A. hospital B. doctor C. robber D. lose
Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others.
4. A. professor B. general C. condition D. another
5. A. tobacco B. several C. children D. breakfast
6. A. cartoon B. drama C. media D. radio
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
7. Like other workers, Yamanda ____________his work at 7:00 every day.
A. begins B. began C. beginning D. to begin
8. I was talking about Jim when suddenly he ____________in.
A. comes B. coming C. to come D. came
9. Tom and I ____________close friends since we were at Class 6.
A. has been B. was C. have been D. were
10. Don’t make noise! My mother ____________with her friends.
A. talking B. was talking C. talks D. is talking
11. I’m not in a hurry. I don’t mind ____________.
A. wait B. waiting C. to wait D. waited
12. Shakespeare ____________Hamlet at the end of the sixteenth century.
A. writes B. wrote C. had written D. was written
13. People who cannot see anything are called ____________.
A. the poor B. the blind C. the deaf D. the dumb
14. Which of the following is NOT the type of the mass media?
A. Radio B. the Internet C. Books D. T.V
15. We study past and present events in Vietnam and around the world in ____________classes.
A. History B. Maths C. English D. Geography
16. She is a ____________student. She has a fully developed mind.
A. bad B. old C. young D. mature
17. John said he ____________forget his promise to visit me the next day.
A. wouldn’t B. won’t C. hadn’t D. doesn’t
18. We ____________five lessons yesterday.
A. have studied B. studies C. studied D. study
19. It rained all the time, ____________was a great pity.
A. that B. what C. who D. which
20. You are not allowed to camp here without ____________.
A. decision B. permission C. preparation D. protection
21. A nurse is a person ____________looks after patients.
A. what B. she C. who D. which
22. We send letters ____________almost every part of the world with the help of computers.
A. in B. to C. from D. on
23. They decided to go for a picnic ____________the cold weather.
A. in spite B. when C. despite D. because of
24. They were hungry, so she suggested ____________dinner early.
A. has B. to have C. had D. having
25. I don’t like quizzes because my general ____________is so poor.
A. thinking B. knowledge C. memory D. appearance
26. Which of these expressions is commonly used when people start a conservation?
A. Great. I’ll see you tomorrow. B. Hello. What are you doing?
C. Well, it’s been nice meeting you. D. Goodbye. See you later.
27. My parents ____________tomorrow to stay with me for a few days.
A. come B. have come C. are coming D. came
Choose the underlined part that needs correcting.
28. Lan and Minh have lived in Ho Chi Minh City in
A B C D
29. Yesterday, she had breakfast at 8.30, then she goes to work immediately.
A B C D
30. Lan was in a difficult situation, so I agreed lending her some money.
A B C D
Read the passage carefully and answer the questions that follow.
Albert Einstein was born on 14th March 1879 in Germany. Around 1886, he began his school in Munich. As well as his violin lessons, which he had from age six to thirteen, he also had religious education at home where he was taught Judaism. Two years later he entered the Luitpold Gymnasium and after this his religious education was given at school. He began to study mathematics, in particular the calculus, in 1891. In 1894 his family moved to Milan but he remained in Munich. In 1895 Einstein failed an examination that would have allowed him to study for a diploma as an electrical engineer at the Eidgenưssische Technische Hochschule (ETH) in Zurich. Indeed, he succeeded with his plan graduating in 1900 as a teacher of mathematics and physics. In 1905 he proposed the special theory of Relativity. Einstein received the Nobel Prize in 1921. He died on 18th April 1955 in Princeton, New Jersey, USA. He was cremated at Trenton, New Jersey at 4 p.m. on 18th April 1955 (the day of his death). His ashes were scattered at an undisclosed place.
31. Albert Einstein began his school when he was ____________years old.
A. 8 B. 9 C. 7 D. 10
32. How long had he studied his violin lessons? – ____________ years.
A. 10 B. 9 C. 8 D. 7
33. Einstein used to work as a(n) ____________.
A. engineer B. president
C. violinist D. teacher of maths and physics
34. When did he begin to study mathematics?
A. 1891 B. 1900 C. 1894 D. 1886
35. In 1905, he proposed the special theory of ____________.
A. Gravity B. Relativity C. Geometry D. Numbers
Supply the correct tense of each of the verbs in each of the brackets.
36. We (not have) ________________________a good meal for three weeks.
37. He (go) ________________________to England two years ago.
38. Mr. Lam usually (ride) ________________________an old man from District 1 to District 5.
39. If I (study) ________________________medicine, I will become a doctor.
40. Marie Curie (earn) ________________________ a physics degree before she took another degree in mathematics.