Đề Thi Học Kỳ 2 Có Đáp Án Anh Văn 10 -Đề 8
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. useful B. hurry C. confuse D. refuse
2. A. field B. heat C. meet D. head
3. A. how B. power C. swimmer D. follow
Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
4. A. profession B. conclusion C. interest D. appropriate
5. A. history B. English C. physics D. mathematics
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. John isn’t contented with his present salary.
A. satisfied with B. excited about C. interested in D. disappointed about
7. Harry works all the time. He ________.
A. often relaxes B. relaxes sometimes C. relaxes never D. never relaxes
8. Just keep on ________ what you like.
A. done B. do C. doing D. did
9. I want ________. I hope ________ for the team.
A. to play/ choosing B. to play/ to choose
C. playing/ being chosen D. to play/ to be chosen
10. What time is the flight ________ to arrive?
A. thought B. plan C. due D. bound
11. I was late for school this morning because my alarm clock didn’t ________.
A. go off B. go up C. go away D. go on
12. We are in regular ________ with each other by telephone or letters.
A. communicate B. communication C. communicative D. communicative
13. She was disappointed to fail in two of her four ________.
A. lessons B. subjects C. classes D. schools
14. Mrs. Loan is ________ about her daughter’s lateness.
A. pleased B. thought C. regretted D. worried
15. ________ is Nam like? – He’s tall and thin.
A. How B. What C. Who D. Whom
16. How ________ information did you ask for?
A. some B. a lot C. much D. many
17. We were watching TV when the light ________ out.
A. went B. has gone C. had gone D. were going
18. I will see him when he________ here tomorrow.
A. comes B. will come C. has come D. had come
19. The boys broke a window when they ________ football.
A. played B. were playing C. have played D. are playing
20. It was the most exciting film I________.
A. never saw B. ever saw C. had ever seen D. have ever seen
21. He said that he ________ his work since 7 o’clock.
A. did B. has done C. had done D. would do
22. The President expressed his deep sorrow over the bombing deaths.
A. regret B. anger C. happiness D. passion
23. In spite of her deafness, she played the violin very well.
A. inability speak B. inability to see C. inability to hear D. mentally
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
24. I know you are too busy to stay, but I look forward to see you again.
A B C D
25. She saw me and stopped to talk to me while she is going shopping this morning.
A B C D
26. I promise I’ll try studying hard and my parents stop worrying about me.
A B C D
27. It was an extremely frightened experience in my life.
A B C D
Choose the word or phrase that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Kevin teaches (28) ____ at a high school. He enjoys his teaching very much, and he always feels very self-confident and proud when he is standing on the teaching platform. Some of his ex-classmates have just offered him a chance (29) _____ them in a new company to produce computer software for businesses. Everyone thinks that it (30) ____ very well. Kevin will probably earn more money than he does at the high school. The new company is (31) ____, and the money may be good in deed. (32) ____, Kevin can hardly quit his teaching job! He loves it.
28. A. mathematics B. mathematic C. mathematical D. mathematician
29. A. joining B. join C. joins D. to join
30. A. was done B. does C. did D. will do
31. A. excited B. exciting C. excitedly D. excitement
32. A. However B. Therefore C. Furthermore D. Consequently
Rewrite the following sentences as directed.
33. My sister goes to school by bike every day. (make question)
34. The boy passed his friend’s house yesterday morning. (make question)
35. Will you lend me your car?
⇒ Would you mind
36. You’d better not smoke here.
⇒ I want you
37. These farmers/ normally/contented/ farm work.
38. you/ frequently/ send/ letters/ by e-mail?
39. World War II/ begin/ 1939/ end/ 1945.
40. Ann/ not come/ party/ last night.
33. How does your sister go to school every day?
34. Whose house did the boy pass every morning?
35. Would you mind lending me your car?
36. I want you not to smoke here.
37. These farmers are normally contented with their farm work.
38. Do you frequently send your letters by e-mail?
39. The World War II began in 1939 and ended in 1945
40. Ann didn’t come to the party last night