Đề Thi Học Kỳ 2 Có Đáp Án Tiếng Anh 10 -Đề 6
Choose the word whose primary stress is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. alternate B. interfere C. stimulate D. satisfy
2. A. weather B. drama C. cartoon D. passion
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
3. A. seat B. meat C. head D. heat
4. A. dumb B. blind C. bumper D. disabled
Choose the best answer to complete each sentence.
5. In spite of his injured foot, he managed to walk to the nearest town.
A. He managed to walk to the nearest town though his injured foot.
B. He managed to walk to the nearest town because his foot was injured.
C. Although his foot was injured, he managed to walk to the nearest town.
D. Because his food is injured, he tried to walk to the nearest town.
6. She hasn’t met her friends for many years
A. It’s many years since she last met her friends
B. She last met her friends for many years
C. It’s many years ago since she meets her friends
D. She started to meet her friends for many years
7. Jane couldn’t come to my birthday party, ________made me feel sad.
A. that B. which C. who D. this
8. -Nga: ________? -Nam: Well, an electric cooker is used to cook rice, meat…or keep food warm.
A. Could you tell me what is an electric cooker used for?
B. Please tell me how to use an electric cooker? C. Can you tell me what is used to cook?
D. Could you tell me what an electric cooker is used for?
9. -Mary: When was Marie Curie born? -Jack: ________.
A. In 1867 B. In Warsaw C. She was a doctor D. I don’t like
10. She has decided not to become a professional________.
A. photograph B. photography C. photographer D. photographic
11. A film which is made by photographing a series of changing drawings is called a ________.
A. comedy B. cartoon C. documentary D. drama
12. We receive information from radio through ears.
A. aurally B. orally C. visually D. hardly
13. ________the bad condition of the house, it was sold at a high price.
A. Because B. Because of C. Although D. In spite of
14. Jack: Should I leave the umbrella at home? -Susan: It’s cloudy and windy. It______. Take it along.
A. will rain B. is raining C. is going to rain D. rains
15. Tom: ________? -Tony: For three years.
A. How long you have lived here? B. How long have you lived here?
C. How many years you lived here? D. How far did you live here?
16. He always looks forward________his daughter as soon as possible.
A. see B. to see C. seeing D. to seeing
17. The students in Thuy’s class are deaf, dumb and mentally retarded. They are ________students.
A. disabled B. rich C. poor D. different
18. They helped the villagers grow cash crops for export.
A. crops to be used B. crops to be sold C. crops to be eaten D. crops to be seen
19. Mary: “Let’s go camping” -Susan: “________. The weather is not good today”.
A. I’m fine B. Yes, let’s do that
C. Oh. I don’t think it’s a good idea D. Nice to meet you
20. They came to visit us ________.
A. after we just finish dinner B. before we have just finished dinner
C. when we finish dinner D. after we had just finished dinner
Choose the underlined word or phrase that needs correcting.
21. The class was cancelled because of there weren’t enough students.
A B C D
22. My father doesn’t smoke He used to smoking a lot a year ago.
A B C D
23. If we raise and resurfaced the roads, the roads will not be muddy and flooded.
A B C D
Read the passage and choose the best word for each question.
Personal computers are used in business and professional offices and at home to reduce paperwork. There are two important reasons for the increasing popularity of personal computers. First, there is a great deal of software for use both in the office and at home. Software for word processing and accounting improves office efficiency while programs for household budgets, games, or educational activities are used at home. Second, using a personal computer is an individual activity that allows the user to control and interact with the computer. (paperwork: Work involving the handling of reports, letters, and forms)
24. What is the passage about?
A. how to use a computer B. personal computer
C. using a computer at home D. disadvantages of computer
25. “Software” means ________.
A. the physical part of the computer B. places where the scenes are beautiful
C. a miraculous device D. programmes performed by the computer
26. Which program is not used at home?
A. games B. educational activities C. household budgets D. word processing
27. Why is there the increasing popularity of personal computer?
A. because there is a great deal of software for use both in the office and at home
B. because everyone wants to have a computer
C. because learning how to use a computer is not easy
D. because people can’t use it everywhere
28. Which of the following sentences is not mentioned in the passage?
A. We can use a personal computer at home B. A personal computer can be used in the office
C. All of us know how to use computer D. Using a personal computer is an individual activity
Rewrite the following sentence as directed.
29. just / injured / taken / the / been / hospital / have / to (make sentence)
30. The manager has given them two weeks to finish the work. (change into passive)
31. She said to me: “I can’t help you because I have too much to do now” (report this sentence)
⇒ She told
32. Because of the flood, there was a __________of food in this area. (short) (give the correct word form)
33. By the time he arrived, all his classmates_______________. ( leave) (give the correct word form)
34. A building has now been rebuilt. It was destroyed in a fire. (which) (join 2 sentences)
35. Miss Phuong studied English. Then she went to abroad. (before) (join 2 sentences)
Read the passage and choose the most suitable word to fill in each blank.
EVOLUTION IN PRINTING
There has been a revolution in the world of newspaper. Not many years (36)______, newspapers were still being produced using techniques unchanged for (37)______hundreds years.
The journalists gave their stories to a typist, who prepared them for an editor, who passed them on (38)______the printer. The printer, who was a (39)______skilled man, set up the type (40)______was then collected to make the pages. When the pages were complete, the printing machines could be stared.
36. A. before B. after C. ago D. yet
37. A. a B. some C. an D. over
38. A. to B. by C. through D. with
39. A. hardly B mostly C. partly D. very
40. A. They B. which C. This D. All