Đề Thi HK 2 Anh Văn 10 Có Đáp Án -Đề 10
I. Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest.
1. A. top B. boss C. job D. more
2. A. look B. school C. afternoon D. tooth
3. A. play B. table C. car D. today
II. Choose a word in each line that has different stress pattern.
4. A. capable B. beautiful C. interesting D. attractive
5. A. computer B. important C. villager D. condition
6. A. channel B. cartoon C. headline D. popular
III. Choose the word or phrase – A, B, C, or D – that best completes each sentence.
7. Last year we had a bumper crop of strawberries.
A. good crop B. poor crop C. early crop D. bad crop
8. After he had finished his homework, he ___________game.
A. played B. to play C. had played D. play
9. ___________money do you earn? -About £250 a week.
A. How much B. What C. How many D. Which
10. Her farther used to ___________abroad for his business.
A. travelling B. travelled C. travel D. is travelling
11. A teacher is a person ___________gives lessons to students.
A. which B. who C. he D. whose
12. I look forward to___________ her.
A. meet B. meeting C. met D. to meet
13. She looks really sad. I think she ___________.
A. cries B. is going to cry C. is crying D. has cried
14. If I ___________the bus this afternoon, I’ll get a taxi instead.
A. miss B. will miss C. missed D. had missed
15. She stayed at home ___________she was sick.
A. in spite of B. because C. although D. because of
16. Don’t forget ___________me a letter when you arrive in Hanoi!
A. sending B. sent C. to send D. send
IV. Choose the underlined part among A, B, C or D that need correction.
- If I will have to make a difficult decision, I will discuss it with my friends.
A B C D
- Ha Noi, that is the capital of our country, is a city of peace.
A B C D
- Have the play already started when you got to the theater?
A B C D
V. Read the text below then choose the best answer.
In England boys and girls go to school five days a week. They don’t go to school on Saturdays and Sundays. Lessons usually begin at nine o’clock. Each lesson lasts forty-five minutes. At fifteen past eleven they have a quarter of an hour’s break in which they drink milk. Some pupils eat sandwiches or biscuits which they bring from home. Then they have two lessons more. After that they have a lunch break. Some pupils go home for lunch, but many have it at school. At two o’clock, school begins again. There are two more lessons. For the next forty five minutes they do some of their homework or have a club meeting or play games like football. They go home at about four thirty in the afternoon.
20. Which days do they go to school?
A. from Friday to Saturday B. from Monday to Thursday
C. from Monday to Friday D. from Monday to Sunday
21. How long do they have a short rest?
A. 30 minutes B. 45 minutes C. 15 minutes D. 25 minutes
22. What time do they have lunch?
A. at 1: 30 B. at 1: 45 C. at 1:00 D. at 12: 00
23. What don’t they often do at school from 3:30 to 4: 15 in the afternoon?
A. watch TV B. play games like football
C. do homework D. have a club meeting
24. What does the word “they” in the last sentence mean?
A. school boys and girls B. school teachers
C. boy students D. school girls
I. Rewrite the sentences (or using the cues in the blank).
25. They often went to Vung Tau at the weekend. (using “used to”)
⇒ They used
26. A girl was injured in the accident. She is now in hospital. (using “relative pronoun”)
27. John is always late for class. This annoys the teacher. (Using which as a connector)
28. They bought a new house last year.
⇒ A new house
29. They built this school in 1997.
⇒ This school
30. We /have / since / English / 1990 / studied
31. “I’m going to see the doctor.”
⇒ Jane said
32. Nam was born in Ben Tre in 1993. (Make question for the underlined part)
33. “I won’t do it tomorrow.”
⇒ John told me
34. We took many pictures although the sky was cloudy.
II. Give the correct verb forms.
35. She ______________________ (meet) me in the street last Sunday.
36. We (know) ______________________him since 1950.
37. If the weather is nice tomorrow, we (go) ________________swimming.
38. He always (buy) ______________________lottery tickets but he never wins.
39. After they (go) ______________________I sat down and rested.
40. She (travel) ______________________by train and her train arrives at 10.15.