- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 1: A Day In The Life Of Có Đáp Án- Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 2: School Talks Có Đáp Án- Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 3: People’s Background Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 4: Special Education Có Đáp Án- Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 5: Technology And You Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 6: An Excursion Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 7: The Mass Media Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 8: The Story Of My Village Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 9: Undersea World Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 10: Conservation Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 11: National Parks Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 12: Music Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 13: Film and Cinema Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 14 The World Cup Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 15 Cities Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
- Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 16 Historical Place Có Đáp Án – Mai Lan Hương
Bài Tập Tiếng Anh 10 Unit 12: Music Có Đáp Án-Mai Lan Hương. Các bạn xem bài tập có key ở dưới để cũng cố kiến thức và ôn tập một cách hiệu quả.
UNIT 12 MUSIC
I. Put the following words into the correct categories.
race, rote, recycle, center, music, bus, because, advice, sight, zoo, slow, reason, amaze, concert, cousin, prize, price, works, caves,
II. Complete the sentence with the appropriate word(s) from the box.
Tien Quan Ca is the national ……….. of Viet Nam.
These songs were ………. by Schubert.
The sound of rain falling soon him to sleep.
……… is a type of music that was popular in the 1950s.
There .are some intensely ………. passage in his first symphony.
Music is often played in weddings, funerals, and ……… occasions.
John Lennon is one of my favorite
Home visits by staff are an ……… part of the service.
1 was ……… to see my old friends again.
10. Love, joy, hate, fear, and jealousy are all.........................
11. Robbie William was in a …… called Take That before he became a solo artist..
12. She was still ..................six month after her father's death.
III. Complete the passage with the appropriate words.
Elton John, an English pop singer and piano (1) …….. , is known wearing unusual clothes and large colorful glasses. He has been popular (2) ……… the 1970s and his most successful (3) …….. have included. Your song (1970), Rocket man (1972), Don't go breaking ray Heart (1976) and Sacrifice (1989). He was a friend of Diana, Princess of Wales, and played and (4) ..........a special version of his song Candle in the Wind at her funeral (5) ……... This immediately (6) …… the most successful record of all time, with all the profits going to a special charity set (7)…….. in memory of Princess Diana. Elton John was (8) ………. a knight in 1998.
IV. Match the sentences in the most appropriate way and then write NIP! sentences as one using to-infinitive
1. Trees were planted along the street. a. He wants to look smart,
2. I swept the broken glass off the path. b. This was done to reduce traffic
3. He bought a truck. c. She wants to finance her studies.
4. Laura went to the bank. d. I wanted to prevent an accident.
The staff are working at 'weekend, e. He wanted to hear the football results.
Tom turned on the radio. f. I wanted to report that my car had been stolen.
7. Just this once Mike is going to wear a suit. g. They want-to complete the project in time..
8. Jessica is borrowing some money. h. We wanted to hey some fruit.
9. We went to the market. i. He did this to carry out his business.
10.1 phoned to the police station. j. She wanted to cash a cheque.
V. Complete the sentence with a suitable verb in the list, using to infinitive or in order/ so as (not) + to-infinitive: admire, reduce, cut. .find, remember, listen, lose, make, miss, take, protect, wake up, complete, be, avoid.
1 am going on a diet …………. weight.
The President has a team of bodyguard ……….. him.
Mike hid behind the tree ………… by his friends.
4: We took off our boots ………. the floor dirty.
We wrote Betty's name on the calendar ………… her birthday.
The government took these measures …………. crime.
The staff are working at weekends ………… the project in time.
She gave up her job ………….. care of her mother.
I shut the door quietly ………… the baby.
She took a bus ……… late.
He turned on the radio ………… to the news.
After dinner we drove to the top of a hill outside the city ………. the sunset.
Leave early ……….. the bus.
I carried the knife carefully ………. myself.
We went to the countryside ………… being disturbed by the noise of the city.
VI. Choose the correct alternative.
The school boys are in a hurry not to / in order not miss their school bus.
They were talking in whispers so that/ so as nobody could hear them.
My mother needs a tin opener to open/ for opening the bottles.
Advice is given in order that/ in order to students can choose the best course.
You may put your money in a small coin bank so that / in order to keep it safe.
We wrote Katie's name on the calendar so as not to/ so that not forget her birthday
'She stayed at work late in order to/ so that she could complete the report.
I need some new clothes. I haven't got anything nice to wear/ in order to wear.
The new paint. is excellent to cover/ for covering walls with cracks in.
Trees are being planted by the roadside so as to reduce/ in order that reducing traffic noise.
VII. Make questions for the underlined words/ phrases in the following sentences.
1. Jackson will captain the team if Nick isn't available.
2. My sister is a pianist.
3. I often listen to classical music to relax my mind.
4. The Bach concert lasted four hours.
5. We prefer pop music to classical music.
6. There were about 90 to 100 people at the concert last night.
7. I passed Mark’s house early in the morning.
8. The concert last night was great.
9. My English teacher is very tall and blond.
10. My favorite musician is Trinh Cong Son.
11. The opera was first performed in 1992.
12. Music can help relax and feel rejuvenated.
13. We take a holiday once a year.
14. The concert are usually held at the university.
15. I like classical music.
VIII. People aren't giving you enough information. Ask questions.
Something has happened. …….. Oh? What has happened?
I've invited someone to tea…….. Well?
The doctor has some children………. Really?
Somebody is having a party. ……… Oh, really?
My friend's uncle has died. ……... What's that?
6. Rachel is planning something. ……… Is she?
7. A lot Of money was stolen last night ………… Oh?
8. You can keep those photos. …….. Photos?
9. The meeting will last long. ……. Yes, I know, but?
10. I'm looking for someone. …….. Maybe I can help.
11. Jessica will get back from Denver someday ……. Really?
12. We are going to somewhere on weekends. …… Go on, tell me.
IX. Choose the appropriate word to complete the passage.
In the 1960s, the Beatles were probably the most famous pop group in the (1) ….. world. Since then, there have been a great many groups that have (2) …… enormous fame, so it is perhaps difficult now to imagine (3) ………. sensational the Beatles were at the time. They were four boys from the north of England and none of them had any (4) …….. in music. The Beatles changed pop music. They were the first pop group to achieve great (5) ………… from songs they had written themselves. After that it became common for groups and singers to write their own songs. However, the Beatles did not have a long (6) ………. Their first hit record was in 1963 and they split up in 1970. They stopped doing (7) ……… performances in 1966 because it had become too dangerous for them - their fans were so excited that they surrounded them and tried to take their clothes as (8)…………! However, today some of their songs (9) …………. as famous as they were when they first came out. (10) …….. the world, many people can sing part of a Beatles song if you ask them.
a. whole b. most c. all d. every
a. made b. achieved c.. found d. done
a. what b. when c. why .d. how
a. training b. teaching c. playing d. performing.
a. wealth b. success c. attainment d. failure
a. job b. profession c. life d. career
7. a. direct b. living c. live d. life
a. gifts b. presents c. souvenirs d. memories
a. become b. remain c. get d. turned out
a. Throughout b. On c. All d. For
TEST FOR UNIT 12
A. Choose the word that has the underlined letter(s) pronounced differently the others,
1 . a. plays h. reads c. listens d. stops
a. music b. classical c. famous d. slow
a. because b. busy c. compose d. measure
a. city b. ocean c. musician d. special
a. sea b. singer c. sugar d. said
a. zone b. waltz c. zoo d. frozen
B. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the other
a. serious b. music c. relax d. energy
a. violin b. serene c. express d. emotion
a. favorite b. exciting c. solemn d. wonderful
a. composer b. language c. anthem d. powerful
a. imagine b. communicate c. joyfulness d. delightful
II. VOCABULARY AND EXPRESSION
Choose the word or phrase - a b, c, or d - that best complete sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
……… is traditional music from a particular country, region, or community.
a. Blues b. Classical music c. Folk music d. Jazz
As a nurse I learned to control my ............................
a. hopes b. emotions c. abilities d. thoughts
He's really delighted with his new CD player.
a. pleased b. angry c. entertained d. annoyed
She usually had a smile on her face, but now she looks..................
a. cheerful b. joyful c. solemn d. delightful
We haven't had any ………. with him for several years.
a. communication b. expression c. excitement d. entertainment
Van Cao is one of the most- well-known...............in Viet Nam.
a. actors b. authors c. musicians d. singers
7. When you are stressed out at work, you should listen to something serene and relaxing.
a. restful b. quiet c. gentle d. sweet
8. 'Tien Quail Ca', the Viet Nam national...................was written by Van Cao.
a. folk song b. anthem c. epic d. pop song
9. Vietnamese folk songs .are sweet, gentle and very lyrical:
a. high quality b. tuneful c. prosaic d. emotional
10. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was an Austrian musician and .......................
a. singer b. composer c. dancer d. author
III. GRAMMAR AND STRUCTURE
A. Choose the correct answer – a, b, c, or d - that best-completes each sentence.
1. The staff are .working at weekend ................. delay the project any further.
a. so that not to b. not to c. so as not to d. for not
The soft background music made her ............... sleepy.
a. feel b. to feel c. feeling d. feels.
'This movie is boring and too violent.' `I agree. ............ leave?'
a. Will we b. Why don't we c. Must we d. Would we
'Let's go to the Riverton this weekend. 'Sounds like fun. ........ from here?'
a. How far is b. How far it is c. It's how far d. How far is. it
Did the teacher explain how ......... this problem?
a. do we solve b. can we solve c. to solve d. solve
That book is about a famous anthropologist. It's about the people in Samoa ......... for two years.
a. that she lived b. that she lived among them
c. among whom she lived d. where she lived among, them
7. Would you please. remember ........... away all the tapes when you're finished listening to them?
a. putting b. to put c. put d. be put
I was enjoying my book. but I stopped ........... a program on TV.
a. reading to watch b. to read to watch
c. to read for watching d. reading for watching
............. to music is a great way to relax.
a. To listen b. Listening c. Listen d. Listened
10. post the card today .......... there on my mother's birthday.
a. to get it b. in order to get it c. so as it gets d. so that it gets
11. Maria is going to stop ............ dinner, so she may be late.
a. eating b. for eating c. to eat d. eat
12. This heater is ............. the plants warm in winter.
a. keeping b. for keeping c. keep d. in order keep
Do you know ............? myself have no idea.
a. how Many years the earth is b. how old the earth is
c. how long is the earth d. how much time has been the earth
1 bought this new software ............ Chinese.
a. for learning . b. learning c. to learn d. learned
She hid the present ...............
a. so that the children wouldn't find it b. in order to the children not to find it
c. for the children not find it d. in order that the children not to fins it
B. Identify the one underlined word or phrase - A, B, C or D - that must be changed for the sentence to be correct.
I often switch off the heating for saving money.
A B C D
We gave Nick a map so that he will be able to find the way all right.
A B C D
3. Scott Joplin, a well-known African American piano player, was born 1868 and had died in 1917
A B C D
4. The caves of Altamira, which was discovered in northern Spain, contain interesting paintings by
A B C D
early cave dwellers.
5. Perhaps mankind's first important music influence was the songs of birds.
A B C D
6. Woody Guthrie wrote thousands of songs during his lifetime, many of them became classic folk
A B C D
7. In about 1920, experimental psychologists have devoted more research to learning than to any
A B C D
8. In order to not miss her bus, Mellani was hurrying
A B C D
9. Composer Hohn Cage used many unusual objects as instrument in his music including cowbells,
A B C
flower pots, tin cans, and saw blades
10. To building their nests tailorbirds use their bills as needles.
A B C D
Choose the appropriate sentences to complete the conversation.
Yes, of course I do.
A (2) _______________________________________________
B: Well, whenever I have free time.
A: (3) _______________________________________________
B: I like pop music, and sometimes I listen to some jazz.
B: Because it's serene and relaxing. It mades me rejuvenated.
A: (5) _______________________________________________
B: The Beatles and Back Street Boys.
A: (6) _______________________________________________
B: Weil, My favorite Vietnamese musician is Trinh Cong Son. His songs are sweet, gentle, and very lyrical.
A Oh, yes. I like him, too
1. a. How do you like music?
b. Can you tell me if you like music?
c. You really like music, do you?
d. Do. you like listening to music?
2. a. When areS you listening to music?
b. How often do you listen to music'?
c. How long do you like it?
d. What do you do when you listen to music?
a. Do you like jazz?
b. What Music do you like
c. What kinds of music do you like?
d. What about pop music
a. Why do you like pop music?
b. What do you listen to op music for?
c. How do you like pop music?
d. Witt makes you like pop music?
a. Do you like boy bands?
b. Which group do you do you prefer the
c. What is your best band?
d. What' favorite band?
a. Please tell me about the Vietnam musician you like best.
b. Which of the Vietnamese musicians do you like?
c. Do you like Vietnamese musicians?
d. Can you tell me how you feel about the Vietnamese musicians?
V. READING COMPREHENSION
A. Choose the one option - a, h, c or d - that best completes the passage
Everyone loves music, it seems. And there's little reason to wonder why. There is so much music (1) ............... from which to choose. and there is a category of music to appeal to every (2)............ The major groups of music are divided broadly (3) ......... classical, popular, and jazz. Within these broad groups are many other subcategories. For example, (4) ...............disparate types of music as movie sound tracks rhythm and blue, rock, and rap all fit within the category of popular music.
Another reason that music is so (5) .......... is the variety of settings in which one can enjoy his or her (6) ........... kind of music. You can go to the church to hear great religious music, or to the concert hall to hear a well-known classical (7) ............. On another right, you might go to the small club to listen to an up- and-coming jazz group (8) ....... you enjoy a rink. A few nights later. Ty might go with some friends to join thousands of other people in a (9) ............to hear your favorite rock band play in your city on a world tour. And, back your house or apartment, you can (10)............. while you put in a tape or CD and listen to your favorite artists again and again in your own home.
1. a. Convenient b. available c. accessible d. required
2. a. want b. desire c. interest d. taste
a. on b: in c. into d. up
a. so b. some c. any d. such
a. familiar b. popular c. famous d. cheerful
a. favorite b. best c. ideal d. selected
a. music b. symphony c. ballad d. category
a. during b. where c. while d. which
a. stadium b. theater c. stage d. discotheque
a. prefer b. appeal c. relax d. interest
B. Choose the correct answer.
All over the world people listen to classical music. Classical music is cult to describe. It means different things to different people.
Some famous classical composers were Bach, Vivaldi, Haydn, and Mozart. In their music, they did not tell a story or show strong emotion. They waned to make a beautiful, interesting design. They wanted-to write lovely sounds.
Then composers started to interpret ideas. They told stories about wars, armies and soldiers. They wrote about religion. Sometimes they composed music for holidays. They told love stories and showed strong emotion. Some of these compete were Beethoven, Schumann Chopin, Mendelssohn, Wagner, and Tchaikovsky.
Classical music stays with people a long time. Bach wrote about 300 years ago, Beethoven wrote about 200 years ago, and Tchaikovsky wrote over 100 years ago.
Sometimes people close their eyes to listen to classical music. When they close their eyes, they can see the design. They can listen to the same classical music Many times and enjoy it.
Sometimes it is difficult to understand. The listener has to think about it. However. we can all learn to enjoy some classical music. It is very important to people.
1. Classical music is famous
a. in the Western b. in Europe
c. in the United States d. all over the world
2. The first ............. classical composers wanted to
a. tell stories about religion
b. write lovely sounds
c. show strong emotion
d. b and c
3. What kind of stories did some composers not tell in their music?
a. love b. wars c. religion d. racial integration
a. composed his music a long time ago.
b. just wanted to make an interesting design.
c. did not tell a story.
d. wrote sonic music that was difficult to understand.
5. People sometimes close their eyes when they listen to classical music in order to
a. understand it clearly.
b. think about the design.
c. form the picture of the design in their mind.
d. hear the same classical music many times.
6. Classical music
a. is different from people to people.
b. is different to understand so the listener always has to think about it.
c. was composed by famous musicians very long time ago.
d. is. necessary for people because it makes life more colorful.
Choose the best option to make the correct sentence from the suggested word.
1. Fob Dylan/ musician/ who/ compose:! born/ American/ 1941/ Minnesota.
a. Bob Dylan. who is a composer and an American musician, was born in 1941 in Minnesota.
b. Bob Dylan is an American composer and musician who was born in Minnesota.
c Bob Dylan. an American composer and musician, who was born Minnesota in 1941.
d. Bob Dylan who is an American composer and musician was born in 1941 in Minnesota.
2. widely/ traveled/ United States/ the poor/ singing.
a. He traveled widely throughout the United States singing about.
b. He widely traveled around the United States to sing about the
c. He traveled the United States widely singing about the poor.
d. He traveled widely all over the United States with the poor's singing
3. song/ Blowin' in the Wind/ soon/ became/ released/ anthem/ civil r.. movement/ 1962.
a. His song Blowin’ in the Wind became an anthem of the civil movement after being released soon in 1962.
b. In 1962, his song Blowin' in the Wind was released soon and became civil rights movement anthem.
c. In 1962, his song Blowin' in the Wind was released and soon became anthem of the civil rights movement.
d. His song Blowin’ in the Wind was soon released in 1962, and became anthem of civil rights movement.
4. songs/ greatly/ protest/ political/ social/ influenced/ young people/
His songs of greatly social and political protest influenced young people in 1960s.
He was greatly influenced young people in the 1960s with his songs about the political and social protest..
His songs of political and social protest greatly influenced young in the 1960s.
He wrote songs of political and social protest greatly influenced young people in the 1960s.
5. Bob Dylan/ one/ important/ contemporary/ folk music and rock music.
a. Bob Dylan is one of the most important man in contemporary folk - sic and rock music
b. Bob Dylan is one of the most important men in contemporary folk 7 sic and rock musk.
c. Bob Dylan is one important man in contemporary folk music and rock
d. Bob Dylan is one of the most important men in folk and rock contemporary music.
I. /s/: race, recycle, center, bus, advice, sight, slow, concert, price, works
/z/ : rose, music, because, zoo, reason, amaze, cousin, prize, caves, has
II. 1. anthem 4. Rock ‘n roll 7. musicians 10. emotions
2. composed 5. lyrical 8. integral 11. band
3. lulled 6. solemn 9. delighted. 12. mournful
III . 1. player 3. songs 5. service/ceremony 7. up
2. since 4. sang 6. became 8. made
IV. 1. Trees were planted along the street to reduce traffic noise.
2. I swept the broken glass off the path to prevent an accident.
3. He bought a truck to carry out his business.
4. Laura went to the bank to cash a cheque.
5. The staff are working at weekend to complete the project in time.
6. Tom turned on the radio to hear the football results.
7. Just this once Mike is going to wear a suit to look smart.
8. Jessica is borrowing some moiiey to finance her studies.
9. We went to the market to buy some fruit.
10. I phoned to the police station to report that my car had been stolen.
V. 1. to lose/ in order to fose 9. so as not to wake up
2. to protect/ so as to protect 10. in order not to be
3. in order not' to be fousd 11. to listen/ in order to listen
4. so as not to make 12. to admire/ in order to admire
5. to remember/in order to remember 13. in order not to miss
6. to reduce/ so as to reduce 14. so as not to cut
7. to complete/ in order to complete 15. to avoid/ in order to avoid
8. to take/ so as to take
VI 1. in order not to 4. in order that 7. so that 10. so as to reduce
2. so that 5. in order to 8. to wear
3. to open 6. so as not to 9. for covering
VII 1. Who will captain the team if Nick isn’t available?
2. What does your sister do?/ What’s your sister’s job?
3. Why do you often listen to classical music?/ What do you often listen to classical music for?
4. How long did the Bach concert last?
5. Which music do you prefer pop music or classical music?
6. How many people were there at the concert last night?
7. Whose house did you pass early in the morning?
8. How was the concert last night?
9. What does your English teacher look like?/ What's your English teacher like?
10. Who is your favorite musician?
11. When was the opera first performed?
12. What can music help?
13. How often do you take a holiday?
14. Where are the concert usually held?
15. What kind/ sort of music do you like?
VIIl. 2. Who have you invited? 8. Which photos can I keep?
3. How many children does he have? 9. how long will it last?
4. Who is haying a party? 10. Who are you looking for?
5. Whose uncle has died? 11. When will she get back?
6. What is she planning? 12. Where are you going?
7. How much (money) was stolen?
IX. 1. a 2. b 3. d 4. a 5. b 6. d 7. c 8. c 9. b 10. a
X. 1. It’s time you did something about that broken stone in the path.
2. She left the room without saying a word.
3. Laura last saw her brother when he left for Japan.
4. The date of the meeting will have to be changed again.
5. He wished he had invited her to his birthday party last night.
6. So ridiculous did she look that everybody burst out laughing.
7. No matter how long you use it, it won’t wear out.
8. I’m going to have my car repaired tomorrow.
9. If he had taken my advice, he wouldn’t have gotten into trouble.
10. No sooner had he shut the door than he realized that he had left the key inside.
TEST FOR UNIT 12
I. A. 1. d 2. a 3. d 4. a 5. c 6. b
B. 1. c 2. a 3. b 4. a 5.c
II. 1. c 2. d 3. a 4. a 5. b 6. c 7. b 8. a 9. c 10. a
11. c 12. a 13. b 14. d 15. b
III. A. 1. c 2. a 3. b 4. d 5. c 6. c 7. b 8. a 9. b 10. d
11. c 12. b 13. b 14. c 15. a
B. 1. d (to save) 4. b (were discovered) 7. a (Since) 10. a (build)
2. b (would) 5. b (musical) 8. b (not to)
3. d (died) 6. c (which) 9. b (instruments)
IV. 1. d 2. b 3. c 4. a 5. d 6. a
V. A. 1. b 2. d 3. c 4. a 5. b 6. a 7. b 8. c 9. a 10. c
B. 1. d 2. b 3. d 4. a 5. c 6. d
VI. 1. b 2. a 3. c 4. c 5. b .